Wednesday 26 February 2014

Peer comments for pitch


I created a presentation which was a representation of what my project was about, this was to show to an audience what my idea was and for them to give feedback on it and to get any improvements for my project. I included 5 slides which showed everything I had thought about; including the location of my reality TV show. The layout looked like this:

1.The idea has a potential as a media product?
        1      2       3       4        5

2. The correct audience has been selected?
        1      2       3       4        5

3. The research is appropriate?
        1      2       3       4        5

4. The blog is effective and guides us through the learning journey that has taken place?
        1      2       3       4        5

5. Media concepts have been thought about and applied?
        1      2       3       4        5

The audience circled a number between 1-5 on how they thought my presentation was based on my project idea, blog, audience, camera angles, characters and location. Number 1 was the least effective and 5 being the most. Usually my comments and feedback were positive and only a few improvements that could be made. I created a table to show each person's score out of 5 for each question and to show any feedback or improvements they have asked me to make in order to improve my project.
These comments and scores enable to know what others think about my idea and all the elements involved. The improvements that have been given to me will give me an insight to what I could do in order to improve my project and certain areas of it. For example, there were a few comments about my blog which said I needed to update my blog regularly. All the improvements given I will do to ensure I can reach the best of my ability. Some of the improvements I may have to do extra research so that I am able to improve; an example is thinking more about the theories and being able to apply them to my project and any written tasks.


 Idea has potential:
All of the scores were 4 or 5 out of 5, showing a positive view on the idea of my programme. This will enable me to see that there are no issues with the initial idea of the programme I am creating. It also shows that the idea has potential as a proper reality TV programme that's been aired on TV.

Correct audience:
The majority of the audience had agreed with my selected target audience, although there was one individual who scored 3 out of 5 for this question. This could suggest that the target audience selected needs to be thought out more and potentially having a more precise audience than originally thought. As well as this, a peer made a comment on the audience selected and commented that I needed to find the specific target audience.

Research is appropriate:
All scores were 4 or 5 out of 5 suggesting that the audience think the research I have initially done is appropriate. As well as being appropriate, it is also relevant to what I am doing and links in with my reality programme.

Blog is effective:
Judging by most of the scores given the audience believe my blog isn't as effective as it could be. This is an improvement to be made; to continually update my blog with research and relevant information. Furthermore, many comments given were about my blog- including that I need to include more research and that I should update the blog regulary. I will therefore make sure that my blog is more effective in showing the journey of my reality programme, as well as giving the appropriate research.

Media concepts applied:
Most of the audience felt that I had applied media concepts appropriately, although one person scored me a 3 out of 5. Which could suggest I may need to include more concepts with links to them. Other comments from the audience included- think more about theories and include more concepts. This is another improvement to be made to ensure its very effective and appropriate.

By having peers witness my ideas will enable me to see their feedback to make any initial improvements. As well as this, having them score each important aspect of my project will enable me to see what specific areas I need to focus on and to give any improvements on. This will make sure that my blog and my project as a whole are as effective as they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment